The Mara Conservancy plays an active role in initiating and encouraging conservation efforts within the Maasai Mara National Reserve. A list of our ongoing achievements and goals include among others:
- A clamp down on poaching in the Mara Triangle and the surrounding area.
- Improving infrastructure by grading a network of roads within the Triangle, as well as access roads to camps and lodges outside of the Triangle.
- Maintain a network of secondary roads and tracks to improve wildlife viewing.
- Restore existing ranger stations and install renewable energy and water harvesting systems.
- Establish a transparent and modern (IT based) revenue collection systems.
- Strengthen relationships between the Reserve and the surrounding areas by encouraging community projects and reward schemes for co-habiting with wildlife.
- Encourage sound eco-tourism principles among camps and lodges.