Rules for Camping
Rules are intended to ensure the safety and security of campers. Please respect them as they will ensure an enjoyable camping experience.
- Firewood is not to be collected from inside the park
- Extinguish fires after use and never leave the fire unattended
- Bury your toilet
- No bathing in the river
- Do not feed or bait the animals
- Secure your food and equipment from animals
- No night game drives
- Do not stray more than 25 metres from your camp
- No loud music
- Take all rubbish with you – do not burn
(map: Oloololo, Hippo Pool, Iseiya HQ, Purungat Bridge)
The five professional campsites are located at stunning locations along the Mara River and are exclusively yours to enjoy. Kiboko and Ndovu are slightly larger. There are no facilities available at any of these sites.
Mara Conservancy will transport the rangers to and from your campsite, and provide food and lodging for the rangers.
Camping in the African Wilderness
Can I do a walking safari in the Mara Triangle?::
We do not allow any walking safari inside the Reserve, but there are some camps and lodges outside the Reserve that may offer walking safaris.
Picnic in the Mara Triangle
Visitors are welcome to enjoy picnics in designated areas, where picnic tables are provided.