CAMPING IN THE MARA TRIANGLE
Everybody is welcome to camp at the Mara Triangle’s three public or five private campsites. No prior booking is required for our public campsites; for our private campsites, visitors are able reserve campsites through the booking form on this page.
It is mandatory for all campers to hire two rangers for nighttime security. This rule was set by the District Security Committee for the safety of our visitors as none of our campsites are fences. The ranger fee is 2,000 KES per ranger per night (total of 4,000 KES), and is set by the Trans Mara County Council. Mara Conservancy will provide transport, food, and accommodations for the rangers.
Emergency numbers at Iseiya HQ: 0729-120348 (8AM-5PM)0722-740338 (24HR)
|Adult||KES 1,000||KES 1,000||KES 1,000||KES 1,500||USD $ 30||USD $ 40|
|Children||KES 200||KES 200||KES 200||KES 500||USD $ 20||USD $ 20|
|Student **||KES 200||KES 200||KES 200||KES 500||USD $ 20||USD $ 20|
There are three public campsites:
OLOOLOLO Campsite at the Oloololo Gate (Maximum 30 campers)
ISEIYA Campsite near Mara Conservancy Headquarters (Maximum 10 campers)
ELUAI Campsite near the Mara Serena Airstrip (Maximum 20 campers)
Oloololo and Iseiya Campsites have longdrop toilets, and there are showers at Oloololo Campsite. Otherwise, please bring your own water and carry all rubbish with you. The public campsites are available on a first come first serve basis.
PRIVATE CAMPSITES (NON-PROFESSIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL)
Private campsites require prior booking and a booking fee. There are currently 6 private campsites available: 5 open to the public and 3 open to professional tour operators. Kampi ya Mungu is available only to professional tour operators, and during the high season (June to October), professional tour operators have priority at Kiboko and Ndovu campsites. Please bring your own water and carry all rubbish with you.
Please use booking form below. For non-professional visitors, there is a non-refundable 10,000 KES booking fee (one campsite, one group for maximum of one week). For professional tour operators, please follow directions below.
MAJI YA NDEGE Campsite
NDOVU Campsite (Professional Tour Operators priority June – Oct)
Dirisha, Maji ya Ndege and Ndovu Campsites are located along the northern part of the Mara River with stunning river and wildlife views
KIBOKO Campsite (Professional Tour Operators priority June – Oct)
Kiboko and Olarro Campsites are located in the southern sector of the Mara Trirangle with equally beautiful views of the Mara River
KAMBI YA MUNGU Campsite (Professional Tour Operators Only) – This spacious campsite is located in a cool, serene area on the western side of the Mara Triangle, with an abundance of wild animals nearby. It is just south of Ngiro-Are road, 8kms from the 50km main junction (mile marker).
BOOKING A PROFESSIONAL TOUR OPERATOR CAMPSITE:
Before using the form on this page to book a campsite please check campsite availability, below, and also be aware of the following:
- Campsites can only be booked for a two week period
- Block booking is not permitted and will result in the cancellation of all reservations. Block booking includes reserving campsites under different names or leaving a booked campsite to stand empty.
- There is a non-refundable booking fee of 40,000 KES for each booking (one group, one campsite). For example, if you wish to stay in two campsites on the same trip, the booking fee will be 80,000 KES. If there are additional or change in clients, this will be considered a separate booking and will incur an additional booking fee.
- The campsite booking is valid for the time the site is occupied, including the time for the camp staff to put up and take down the tents.
- Once you have submitted your booking online, you will receive an email confirmation which will inform you that your campsite has been reserved for seven working days, along with details on how to make your payment (by person, by mail or by credit card). If payment is not made, the reservation will cancelled.
- If you are cancelling your campsite booking, please notify us by email. Bookings that are cancelled within 6 months of the arrival date will incur a $1,000 USD cancellation fee.