CAMPING IN THE MARA TRIANGLE
Everybody is welcome to camp at either our public or private campsites, with no prior booking for our public campsites, and for our private campsites you are able to make your reservation through the booking form on this page.
It is mandatory for all campers hire two rangers for night-time security. This rule was set by the district security committee and the ranger hire rate was set by the county council of Trans Mara district.
*Please note that food and accommodation is not needed for the rangers, and the Mara Conservancy will transport the rangers to and from your campsite. None of our campsites are fenced.
|Full Night Camp Security||KSh 4,000 per ranger|
*Please note that the ranger hire fee rate is set by the Country Council of Trans Mara district.
Emergency numbers at Iseiya HQ
|0729-120348 (8AM-5PM)||0722-740338 (24HR)|
There are three public campsites; Oloololo Campsite at the gate, Iseiya Campsite near our main station, and also Eluai Camp near the Mara Serena airstrip. Oloololo and Iseiya campsites have longdrop toilets, and there are showers at Oloololo (use responsibly). Otherwise, please bring your own water and carry all rubbish with you. The public campsites are first come first serve basis.
|Oloololo Public Campsite||30 people|
|Iseiya Public Campsite||10 people|
|Eluai Public Campsite||20 people|
There are five private campsites that can be exclusively yours to enjoy, located at stunning locations along the Mara River. Kiboko and Ndovu are slightly larger and ideal for professional tour operators. Please bring your own water and carry all rubbish with you.
|Adult||Ksh 1,000||Ksh 1,000||Ksh 1,000||Ksh 1,500||US$ 30||US$ 40|
|Children||Ksh 200||Ksh 200||Ksh 200||Ksh 500||US$ 20||US$ 20|
|Student **||Ksh 200||Ksh 200||Ksh 200||Ksh 500||US$ 20||US$ 20|
*Private Campsite Booking Fee = Ksh 10,000
Book a campsite
Before using the form on this page to book a campsite please check campsite availability, below, and also be aware of the following:
- Campsites are not allowed to be booked for more than a two week period.
- Anyone found to be block booking will be banned and all reservations lost. Block booking includes reserving campsites under different names or leaving a booked campsite to stand empty.
- The Reservation Fee is 10,000 Ksh (non-refundable) for each week or for each campsite you plan to stay in (ie. if you wish to stay in two campsites within a one week period the fee is 20,000 Ksh).
- The campsite booking is valid for the time the site is occupied. This includes the time for the camp staff to put up and take down the tents. No camp staffs are allowed to stay on at the site when the next guests arrive.
- Once you have submitted your booking online, you will receive an email confirmation which will inform you that your campsite has been reserved for seven working days, along with details on how to make your payment (by person, by mail or by credit card). If payment is not made the reservation will be lost without warning.
- When you are cancelling the campsite booking please write to us to notify the cancelation.
Rules for Camping
- Firewood is not to be collected from inside the park.*
- Extinguish fires after use and never leave the fire unattended
- Bury your toilet.
- No bathing in the river.
- Do not feed the animals or lay bait.
- Secure your food and equipment from animals.
- No night game drives.
- Do not stray more than 25 metres from your camp.
- No loud music.
- Take all rubbish with you – do not burn.