CAMPING IN THE MARA TRIANGLE
Everybody is welcome to camp at the Mara Triangle’s three public or five private campsites. No prior booking is required for our public campsites; for our private campsites, visitors are able reserve campsites through the booking form on this page.
It is mandatory for all campers to hire two rangers for nighttime security. This rule was set by the District Security Committee for the safety of our visitors as none of our campsites are fences. The ranger fee is 2,000 KES per ranger per night (total of 4,000 KES), and is set by the Trans Mara County Council. Mara Conservancy will provide transport, food, and accommodations for the rangers.
Emergency numbers at Iseiya HQ: 0729-120348 (8AM-5PM)0722-740338 (24HR)
There are three public campsites:
Oloololo Campsite at the Oloololo Gate (Maximum 30 campers)
Iseiya Campsite near Mara Conservancy Headquarters (Maximum 10 campers)
Eluai Campsite near the Mara Serena Airstrip (Maximum 20 campers)
Oloololo and Iseiya Campsites have longdrop toilets, and there are showers at Oloololo Campsite. Otherwise, please bring your own water and carry all rubbish with you. The public campsites are available on a first come first serve basis.
There are five private campsites that can be exclusively yours to enjoy, located at stunning locations along the Mara River. Kiboko and Ndovu are slightly larger and ideal for professional tour operators. Please bring your own water and carry all rubbish with you.
|Adult||KES 1,000||KES 1,000||KES 1,000||KES 1,500||USD $ 30||USD $ 40|
|Children||KES 200||KES 200||KES 200||KES 500||USD $ 20||USD $ 20|
|Student **||KES 200||KES 200||KES 200||KES 500||USD $ 20||USD $ 20|
BOOKING A PRIVATE CAMPSITE
Before using the form on this page to book a campsite please check campsite availability, below, and also be aware of the following:
- Campsites can only be booked for a two week period.
- Block booking is not permitted and will result in the cancellation of all reservations. Block booking includes reserving campsites under different names or leaving a booked campsite to stand empty.
- The non-refundable booking fee is 10,000 KES for each week or for each campsite. If you wish to stay in two campsites within a one week period, the booking is 20,000 KES.
- The campsite booking is valid for the time the site is occupied, including the time for the camp staff to put up and take down the tents.
- Once you have submitted your booking online, you will receive an email confirmation which will inform you that your campsite has been reserved for seven working days, along with details on how to make your payment (by person, by mail or by credit card). If payment is not made the reservation will cancelled.
- If you are cancelling your campsite booking, please notify us by email